This is by far the best Cauliflower I have ever tasted. It has a nutty flavor from the roasting, creamy texture from the oil, and, of course, salt!
1 medium head cauliflower
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
AztecSeaSalt™ and ground black pepper
- Adjust the oven rack to it’s lowest position and preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Trim the cauliflower of it’s outer leaves and cut the stem flush with the bottom. Keep the core intact when making cuts to hold the florets in place. The final results will be 8 equal wedges. Cut the head in half from top to bottom. Cut each half in half. Cut each quarter in half. Each wedge should have the core with little florets attached.
- Place wedges on a foil lined rimmed backing sheet.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using your hands, rub the oil and seasoning all over the wedges.
- Place all wedges flat on the pan, cut side down. The flat sides in contact with the pan are the parts that will brown.
- Cover baking sheet tightly with foil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil and continue to roast until bottoms of cauliflower pieces are golden, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven, and, using spatula, carefully flip wedges. Return sheet to oven and continue to roast until cauliflower is golden all over, 8 to 12 minutes longer.
- Season with AztecSeaSalt™ and pepper to taste, drizzle with oil, and serve.