This would definitely be one of those kid-friendly recipes that make a great snack for your growing kids who need a lot of energy all throughout the day.
Sweet potato is rich in beta-carotene, plus it provides you with powerful antioxidant protection against damage to cellular structures and DNA.
So try this Crispy Sweet Potato Fries recipe, it is an absolute substitute for those “fastfood French fries” which kids love to eat.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1-2 tbs olive or coconut oil
- 2 tsp curry powder (or cinnamon, for sweet fries)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (omit for sweet fries)
- 1/2 tsp AztecSeaSalt ª (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 F and grease baking sheet.
- Cut potato into fry shapes, soak in water for 45 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Toss fries with oil in a large bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Spread fries on baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes, turning half-way.
- For crispier fries, leave in oven longer or broil for the last 1-2 minutes.! on parchment paper to absorb some of the moisture.